Hello there! I’m still around, just been busy getting ready for a major craft show this weekend…ugh! Anyway, I wanted to stop in here and make this big announcement :D
I’ve decided it’s time for me to host a swap. I’ve been so lucky to take part in such great swaps over the years, it’s time I give back and do the “hard part”… host a swap. I was on the treadmill today and came up with a great idea! At least I hope you agree it’s a great idea LOL! I made this bunting/banner for Valentines Day that says CUPID. I used vintage flocked wallpaper, ric rac, crepe paper and some glittered chip board letters. I’m super into buntings right now and I thought it would be fun to do a swap with them!
Here’s how it will work. Each participant will make 5 triangles, send them to me, I will mix them up, arrange them all into buntings and then send them back to you. Your pieces will be mixed with the other pieces and we’d all end up with a bunting that includes artwork from around the globe! Looking at the time line I’d like to have these back to you in time for May Day (May 1). Create with spring in mind, just think spring colors, themes, bright, cheerful. I will take sign ups until 3/25 (or until full), mail the completed pieces to me on 4/11 (I want them here by the 15th) I will assemble and return to you by May 1st.
- To sign up, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, address, blog/shop address and any info you’d like to include about yourself.
- Make 5 flags, alter or embellish them as you wish, be creative, (please don’t just cut out a piece of scrapbook paper or fabric and call it good) add your touch to each one, make it you!
- Anything goes for your theme, any medium… paper, fabric, altered, digital, painting, drawing, collage, mixed media, sewing, crochet, knit…I will email you a pattern to use so they are all approximately the same size.
- You can make 5 of the same or 5 completely different flags, your choice.
- Please sign and put your contact information on the back of each piece! Everyone likes to know where their art came from :)
- Join this flickr group to post pictures of your finished pieces or join just to watch what everyone is doing, even if you’re not participating.
- On April 11th mail your pieces to me, include a return address label and return shipping payment, $6 US, $7 Canada & $9 int’l by paypal.
- Post this on your blog to spread the word and invite your friends to join in.
I cannot tell you how much I love swaps! They help me in so many ways, not only do I get great art and get to meet new friends, they also help me creatively. They give me a theme or direction, a deadline, a challenge, the chance to experiment with new ideas or mediums. Swaps are always what I turn to when I’m in a rut, I really rely on them. That’s why I think it’s my turn to host a swap and pay back all I have received so far. I hope at least 4 of you will join me :)
And last but not least… I’ll leave you with some inspiration I found on flickr, great stuff!